GUARANI Association is a non-profit organisation composed of interdisciplinary professionals of different nationalities. Its mission is to develop projects for the social-labour integration of immigrants, refugees, asylum seekers and other groups at risk of social exclusion.
Guaraní was founded in 2006. For more than ten years, it has been developing public projects and programmes financed by the Community of Madrid, the Spanish Government, the European Social Fund, the ERASMUS+ and AMIF programmes. During its professional path, Guaraní has adapted to social changes in order to develop an intervention model based on the specific needs of vulnerable people and in respect to their autonomy and freedom.
The objectives of the entity are to:
• Promote integration and co-existence between immigrants and host societies through mutual recognition of their rights and duties as citizens.
• Collaborate with public institutions in the transmission of the values of co-existence in Spain and the European Union (EU).
• Develop actions for the recognition of the professional competences of immigrants and for their professional recycling.
• Inform immigrants about the conditions of the labour market in Spain and the EU and promote actions to improve their employability through non-formal education training.
• Develop projects and actions to promote the social integration of minors, young people and immigrant families.
Guaraní is the lead organisation of RADIAL project.